What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very disappointed

OP
R

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your input and opinions.

I fixed all of my issues the old fashioned way, by applying money to them.

I cancelled the lame AT&T service almost immediately and went with a Clear 4G wireless hotspot. Then I purchased an Acer Aconia tablet running Windows.

The wireless hotspot is fast, fast, fast, and the Windows tablet does everything that the iPad2 does not. And that is a pretty long list.

Once you are accustomed to multitasking it feels like the 1980's to have a computer that can only do one thing at a time.

And I am not badmouthing AT&T. They just have some issues in my particular locale.

The iPad2 is sort of like a one trick pony while a real Windows computer is like a three ring circus.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the Windows tablet does everything that the iPad2 does not. And that is a pretty long list.

Once you are accustomed to multitasking it feels like the 1980's to have a computer that can only do one thing at a time.

I agree. What the ipad does, it does VERY well but there is certainly a rather extensive list of things it won't do at all (or you need a ridiculous work around for them)

OP
R

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has simpleminded apps while Windows has powerful programs. And most of the Apple simpleminded Apps do not work right in the first place.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has simpleminded apps while Windows has powerful programs. And most of the Apple simpleminded Apps do not work right in the first place.

....you're comparing Apples to Oranges (excuse the pun). Windows is an full fledged operating system like MacOS. iOS runs apps only like Android. Apple will have MacOS on a tablet I'm guessing sometime next year when Windows 8 comes out. I've used a Windows based tablet and hated it because Windows 7 wasn't designed to go on a tablet. I'll stick with my $399 HP DM1 for portable windows stuff until next year. I'll say one thing though when Windows 8 comes out on tablets next year along with I'm guessing MacOS Android tablets are done.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RickyBobby said:

Wow...you're SO off-base with this statement!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a vacation home 15 minutes from the Strip. My AT&T iPad 1 and 2 work fine on 3G in Vegas -- on the Strip, at the airport, at my place, etc. Maybe there's something wrong with your iPad.

OP
R

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T wireless service does not work in the half mile from the Venetian to the Encore for you, me, or anyone else. Even AT&T knows that they have a hole in their coverage in that particular area.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T wireless service does not work in the half mile from the Venetian to the Encore for you, me, or anyone else. Even AT&T knows that they have a hole in their coverage in that particular area.

I have used my iPad 1 and 2 on 3G without problem at the Fashion Show, which is between the Encore/Wynn and the Venetian, on the Strip. As you probably know, the Fashion Show is a mall that includes an Apple store.

swruss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.superwarehouse.com
Nah, if I cared about money I would not have bought it in the first place. I drive a cab in Las Vegas and will use it to entertain the passengers with smashing pop music videos and get them to buy iPads when they get home. It fits on the cup holder perfectly.

And here, gentlemen, is the silver lining in this particular grey cloud... :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find no need to choose between Windows and iOS. I use both whenever they suit my needs. If or when Android meets my needs, I'll use that, too.

It's silly and pointless to take sides. As numbers have indicated, about half of iPad owners own PCs, too.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I find no need to choose between Windows and iOS. I use both whenever they suit my needs. If or when Android meets my needs, I'll use that, too.

It's silly and pointless to take sides. As numbers have indicated, about half of iPad owners own PCs, too.

well said.

i love ios, but HATE osx. Love XP but hate Win7. i install what suits me.

i'm a pc man as i cant stand the mac operating system, but gadget wise, Apple all the way :)

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ Agreed. Buy and use what suits you.

Personally, I love Windows 7 (although astounded someone likes XP more....but everyone gets their opinion), I love my Android phone, and the iPad2 is my first iOS device. I'm not sure I'll buy another iPad, since I don't really like the OS that much for reasons I won't go into here (and iOS5 doesn't look like it's going to address my issues), but got the iPad since Android tablets aren't yet "there" for me (although my Android phone is).

Last edited:

Most reactions