What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very confused newbie!

xDilettante

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! One day into my iPad 2 and lots of questions which I'm finding it hard to get answers to without wading through reams of forum q and a's.

Trying to stream spotify from iPad to apple tv without needing laptop open. Same goes for iTunes - thought I'd be able to use iPad but it seems not?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Presumably your using homesharing to access you iTunes library? Then of course the machine with your iTunes library on needs to be powered up, as your streaming from it. Sync the music you want to the iPad and it will work then, you may not get your whole library of course depending on size.

As for spotify, never used it but at a guess you probably need the app, as long as it's AirPlay enabled it will work like you want. Requires a premium subscription to spotify tho.

Most reactions

Latest posts