What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Version 10.0.2

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My settings show that I have version 10.0.2,but the guide in iBooks shows only 9.1 so I cannot
Access it . How do I get it into the iBooks listing?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My settings show that I have version 10.0.2,but the guide in iBooks shows only 9.1 so I cannot
Access it . How do I get it into the iBooks listing?
You can go into the iBooks store and download the latest iPad user guide for iOS 10.

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't find the iBooks "store". Looked at updates -- it says my updates,10.0.2
Is updated . So why doesn't it show in iBooks,where all the other versions
Went automatically?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't find the iBooks "store". Looked at updates -- it says my updates,10.0.2
Is updated . So why doesn't it show in iBooks,where all the other versions
Went automatically?
If you follow my screenshots after opening the iBooks app you'll be able to download the latest iPad User Guide for iOS 10. Tapping the Featured icon is what opens the iBooks store.
IMG_3264.JPG
IMG_3265.JPG
IMG_3266.JPG

Last edited:
OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I go to Settings- General -About. It says version 10.0,2 but when I bring up iBooks the version 9 is the last one shown. I need to have the user guide for the 10 ??

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I open the iBook app I don't get any of thos screens.g

Hi Doris - first tell us if your iBooks App's icon looks like the one below in the first image? In the second 'screen capture' pic, I've open iBooks - the iPad iOS 10.x guide is downloaded (arrow) - the 'Featured' selection at the bottom (as discussed by Scifan..) is evident - are you seeing this iBooks screen? Dave :)

Note - this second screen can be changed by the controls to the right and left of my text entry @ the top, i.e. to the left will show a 'list format' and to the right, different groups of items (I'm on 'Books' now) can be selected.
IMG_7147.PNG
IMG_7146.PNG

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Doris - first tell us if your iBooks App's icon looks like the one below in the first image? In the second 'screen capture' pic, I've open iBooks - the iPad iOS 10.x guide is downloaded (arrow) - the 'Featured' selection at the bottom (as discussed by Scifan..) is evident - are you seeing this iBooks screen? Dave :)

Note - this second screen can be changed by the controls to the right and left of my text entry @ the top, i.e. to the left will show a 'list format' and to the right, different groups of items (I'm on 'Books' now) can be selected.
View attachment 74391 View attachment 74392

Yes, my screen looks like yours , both pics , but 9.1 is the last one.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, my screen looks like yours , both pics , but 9.1 is the last one.

Great! Well, Scifan..'s directions should work, but I'll add several more screen captures - the first one below appears after I tap 'Featured' at the bottom, and then the 'Search' box at the top right - the list opens w/ the iOS 10 Guide at the top (red arrows) - note that 'Books' are selected (blue arrow).

After I tap on the appropriate guide, the second pic below appears - you can then 'Get', i.e. download the guide - mine is already on the iPad, so 'Read' is the choice shown - let us know. Dave :)
IMG_7148.PNG
IMG_7149.PNG

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score

View attachment 74391 View attachment 74392

Well I could not get the screen to move left or right, no controls anywhere.But
Going to many places and pushing buttons randomly all of a sudden there was iOS 10 ! Haven't a clue what I did,couldn't do it again.
Thanks both of you, Scifan and Dave. Really appreciate it. Doris

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your problem fixed. If you have any other problems we'll do our best to help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well I could not get the screen to move left or right, no controls anywhere.But
Going to many places and pushing buttons randomly all of a sudden there was iOS 10 ! Haven't a clue what I did,couldn't do it again.........

Hi Doris - well, congrats on obtaining the guide! :) If you still had not succeeded, I was then going to suggest that you Force Close the iBooks app, if not already done? You might want to do the maneuver anyway (does no harm and may normalize the behavior of iBooks); if interested, just click on the link. Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You have to pay close attention when searching for the iPad User Guide in the iBooks Store. If you don't specified iOS 10 in the search, the results will show the older versions as well. Apple updates the books for the point udates (iOS 10.1, 10.2, etc) but leaves the major versions in the iBook Store, probably so those that don't upgrade still have an accurate reference.

Most reactions

Latest posts