What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon

JPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon 3G Mobile Hotspot

I have a Verizon Android Incredible and a IPad with WiFi only. I'm able to tether my Incredible to my IPad and get 3G. With 3G I can connect to the Internet with satisfactory speed. I'm wondering if any one has been able to use a navigation system well tethered via the Incredible. Will the IPad use the incredibles GPS.*

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked up the Virgin Mobile mifi and they have a pretty good deal going. The unit itself costs $149. and the non contract service is $40. for UNLIMITED data. Or if you want to use it for less than a month, it is $10.00 for 100MB for 10 days. You can turn it off and on after your time limit is up and you only have to use it once during the year to keep your account active. I have been using my Palm Pre as a mobile hotspot but sometimes it just doesn't work. This deal sounds very much like the AT&T plan that was available in the beginning.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I keep my Verizon phone instead of having both devices on AT&T. There are just some areas that do not have both. AT&T does not seem to have as much coverage west of the Rockies as Verizon. But being east of the Rockies, it does great for me.

aslondon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the droid X and use its built-in 3g hotspot app ($20.00) on top of the data plan to connect my wi-fi ipad. It works great. Very reasonable speed. occasional dropage but not bad

Most reactions