What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Wireless launches Apple iPad in stores October 28

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-ipad.png

Apple continues to expand the iPad making it available in more retail stores and today announces it will be available through Verizon Wireless October 28th. Three bundles will be offered combining the iPad Wi-Fi model with a VZW's MiFi mobile hotspot. The iPad 16GB + MiFi bundle will sell for $629.99, the iPad 32GB + Mifi bundle will sell for $729.99, and the iPad 64GB and MiFi bundle will sell for $829.99. The data plan will be a monthly fee of $20.00 a month for up to 1GB of data.

“This is the perfect pairing for holiday travels,” said John Stratton, chief operating officer for Verizon Wireless. “iPad together with the nation’s largest and most reliable 3G data network allows customers to easily connect on the go wherever they are.”

“We’re thrilled to be working with Verizon Wireless to get iPad into the hands of even more customers this holiday season,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s COO. “iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before, and together with Verizon Wireless we’re offering an easy way to stay connected wherever you go.”

Any thoughts that Apple and VWZ just might be working on an iPad 4G (LTE) version launching next year as the iPad 2?

Source: http://www.VerizonWireless.com

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's a good indication we'll see an iPhone on Verizon Wireless soon...

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm stunned!! This is huge news for all of us that love Apple and Verizon :D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting a little pricey when you add everything up......

How's that? They seem to be charging the exact same amount for a wifi iPad with mifi base as the 3G iPad. Service is more expensive, but it is better.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can see this being great for some, but others might prefer 3G built-in rather than carrying another device.

Data-price wise, if you are in the 250MB to 1GB range it might be a better deal. But above 1GB and less than 2GB AT&T is better. Above 2 GB Verizon could be better. AT&T would be better if AT&T's iPad data plans worked like the iPhone.

On the iPhone if you have the $25 2GB plan and go over it, they charge you $10 for another GB (I believe on iPad you would have to buy another 250MB or 2GB--so the least would be $15 for only 250MB). I went from unlimited to that 2GB plan as I have never, since I got my iPhone in 2007, gone over 1GB. Even with casual tethering to my laptop, and now iPad.

Michael

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the big plusses for the 3G model is the built in GPS. I have to wonder if one of the features of the next models will be to have sim card slots on most models and you pick your carrier if you want one. The original 8 or 16 GB wifi model would be the base unit like they did with the iPod Touch, and iPhone, and sold for $499. The higher end models would all have GPS and sim slots.

HowardBrazee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the big plusses for the 3G model is the built in GPS. I have to wonder if one of the features of the next models will be to have sim card slots on most models and you pick your carrier if you want one. The original 8 or 16 GB wifi model would be the base unit like they did with the iPod Touch, and iPhone, and sold for $499. The higher end models would all have GPS and sim slots.

Googling, I found a $99 device that can plug into an iPad:

Bad Elf | Bad Elf GPS for iPod touch, iPhone, & iPad

So we're adding money and a bit of size to go to a better provider. And the Verizon box does support up to 5 WiFi devices.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Googling, I found a $99 device that can plug into an iPad:

Bad Elf | Bad Elf GPS for iPod touch, iPhone, & iPad

So we're adding money and a bit of size to go to a better provider. And the Verizon box does support up to 5 WiFi devices.

Adding a LOT of money! $60/month for a 5GB limit and only 3mbps?? Not at all worth it.

Once LTE hits and 12mbps is available I will consider it....do a $30 a month unlimited plan (as it should be) and I'm sold for life!

Most reactions

Latest posts