What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

verizon vs ATT

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
i Have an iPad 3G and I also have a Verizon MiFi.

I can say that AT&Ts network is much faster compaired to using the Verizon MiFi with the ipad.

jackhag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you sign up for the Verizon service and use it on your ipad and also your cell phone?

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where I'm at, Verizon doesn't even come close to AT&T in terms of coverage and speed. I've tried them many times, and always get calls that are either garbled or drop. With AT&T in the same location, my calls are clear and never drop. I haven't had one network related issue with AT&T using my iPhone 4, which is jailbroken. I use a data connection from my iPhone 4 to my iPad via an app called "MyWi", that I downloaded from Cydia. It works great on my iPad while I'm away from a WiFi area...... When deciding on which carrier to go with for data on your iPad, it is always better to test their coverage out for yourself, as everyone's coverage will vary based on their location. Also, being able to connect to your cellphones data plan, will save you money, instead of relying on the carriers iPad data rate plans.

Last edited:

SeaRat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Burning thru KB's

If you desire to watch movies from Netflix or the like while using only 3G and not wifi, prepare to burn through the two gigabytes offered on the "big" ATT plan in about five or six movies and then have to buy another installment of data for use. Still prefer (by far!) Att over VerIzon data plan.

Most reactions

Latest posts