What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon iPhone Initial Evaluation

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The geek squads have done their testing with the new Verizon iPhones and it appears to be a mixed bag. The voice numbers are better, but the data streaming is not as good. And if a voice call comes in on Verizon, it drops any data streaming. This could have implications for iPad users. Using a smart phone as a wifi hub may suffer from dropped data streams, and the same slower data transfers. However, the evidence should make it more critical for Apple to have a dual mode chip in the next iPad.

appdictions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait to get my verizon iphone. I must have been the first on their site at 3am!!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the issue with not being able to stream data while talking was a limitation with Verizon's network? That seems like a deal breaker to me.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why is it such a deal breaker for people? If your in a phone call, you shouldn't be staring at data anyways >.<

I don't think having app updates or downloads interrupted every time I take a call is the greatest thing. Maybe it isn't that big of a deal but it just seems so ... Verizon.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
i have verizon and honestly, you never notice it. things download quick enough where if they are interrupted, they resume fast enough.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that AT&T has the better way by having a separate data network. It creates a smoother process, IMHO.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Coming from AT&T it will take some getting used to for people. For Verizon users, we've lived with it this long. I will take the lack of being able to data and calls at the same time any given day of the week over the numerous, and I do mean numerous, dropped calls and dead cells I had with AT&T.

And Maya, this pertains to the iPad because many iPad owners went with the wifi only with the intention of tethering their iPad to either a Droid or iPhone for their wireless connection on the road. It will be important for those getting the new Verizon iPhone to know that they will not be able to talk and work on their tether at the same time.

JackBauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stylus-R-Us purchased an iPhone 4 from Verizon to see if it worked as well with our over 40 Stylus-R-Us styluses as it does on the AT&T phones and weren't surprised at all to see it's the exact same. What are you others feeling in general about the download speeds with Verizon?

Most reactions