What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Data Sloooow. Ipad 2

Stoodo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up snagging a Verizon Ipad 2 on launch day because the guy in front of me snagged the last AT&T version. I thought I'd give it a try because of everyone touting its reliability.

Needless to say I am disappointed. Many times the Ipad is 3X slower than my iPhone 4 and it rarely even hits 1Mbps.

I think I am going to return it or flip it.

Anyone want to trade an AT&T version? ;)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This varies depending on where you live. I live in Boston and my ATT iPad drove me nuts on weekdays in the city due to network congestion. By 3pm the progress bar would freeze for 20 seconds at a time loading pages. I thought it was just the nature of 3G until I bought a Verizon iPhone. It screamed in speed compared to my iPad. So I went with the Verizon ipad2 which is slightly faster than my IPhone 4. No more ATT in Boston for me.

cginn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a Verizon 64g at Walmart Saturday morning by mistake. The clerk told me it was the AT&T version. I have the Ipad 1 with the unlimited AT&T plan and planned to transfer it to the Ipad 2. I was going to return the Ipad 2, but I decided to try Verizon's service and activated their 1g plan. In my house, I get a solid 3-4 bars and can watch Netflix movies at very good quality. I have no AT&T signal on either my Ipad 1 or Iphone. I am thinking of dropping my AT&T unlimited plan and keeping the Verizon Ipad 2. Between AT&T and MyWi on my Iphone and Verizon on the Ipad, I should have a greater chance to connect to decent 3g service with my Ipad 2 when traveling.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, 3G speed will totally vary by area as that will determine which signal is better for you, how loaded the network is in that area etc.

uqmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.whatcanyousaytosiri.com
Hey do you have to put a deposit with verizon

I ordered the 32gb 3g version at a verizon store today. I paid for the ipad2 in full. The rep said, "there are 600 ipads in fulfillment. Call the 800 at 5pm today to see if you get a tracking number". I don't know if he was BSing me but he said this after I bought the thing. Guess I'll find out.

uqmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.whatcanyousaytosiri.com
One reason to get the pad on att is the possibility of using the pad over seas. You may be able to pop in a local sim card and get 3g service while traveling.

OP
S

Stoodo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah Verizon blows in my area. Back it goes I guess.

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
Verizon doen't work well at all at my house but, it works well every were else. I use wi-fi at home and, I also have a clear Ipsot so, it's not a big deal to me. I just got the Verizon one, just in case.

broseph23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a whole, at&t is much faster than Verizon. However, specific areas will have their ups and downs.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a whole, at&t is much faster than Verizon. However, specific areas will have their ups and downs.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I am not familiar with Verizon, but I do have AT&T. My iPad is very fast! Wifi is faster though ~ when I am out in the field and connect to 3G, it can be slow.

Much slower.

I don't do well with slow!:D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade up an unlimited data plan for supposedly faster other network. You can't beat it still be grandfathered into the unlimited plan, like I am. The prices they charge for data packages are ridiculous now. Especially when u already pay for data on ur phone. Just my .02€ lol

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade up an unlimited data plan for supposedly faster other network. You can't beat it still be grandfathered into the unlimited plan, like I am. The prices they charge for data packages are ridiculous now. Especially when u already pay for data on ur phone. Just my .02€ lol

I would go crazy if I continued using an ATT iPad where I live. Network congestion is terrible in the afternoons. I'm not talking slow, I'm talking progress bars freezing for a minute at a time. I thought it was my specific location until I tried my Verizon iPhone in the same spot. Speedy, never any slowdowns. So it was a no-brained for me.

I did give up my unlimited plan, that's how big the difference was. But when I checked on my monthly usage over the past year, I never went over 700MB even though I use 3G most of the day. So I bought the $20 1gb Verizon plan and I'm saving $10 a month over ATT. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts