What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon 3G issues

Ipadgk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts! 3G randomly drops out and I have to toggle airplane mode a couple time to get it back. I'm on 4.3.4. Wasn't this issue supposed to be fixed in 4.3.2? Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dilemma, Simply restarting the iPad can fix most issues. Hold down the power switch (outside edge) by itself until the red slider appears. Turn it off by sliding the switch and then once again hold down the power switch until the Apple logo appears.

Resetting the iPad should be reserved for a non-responsive unit as it addresses other activity but if restarting doesn't do it, resetting it might. Hold down the power and home buttons until the slider appears and shut it down. Hold down the power switch again until the Apple logo appears. Fully booting up from a reset will take a little longer than a restart.

More here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

Let us know if that helps. Others may have some more suggestions as well.

Last edited:
OP
I

Ipadgk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, I may have to reset, as this problem never resolved itself no matter how many time I rebooted. Can anyone with a Verizon 3G ipad2 confirm they do NOT have his problem? Thanks,

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, I may have to reset, as this problem never resolved itself no matter how many time I rebooted. Can anyone with a Verizon 3G ipad2 confirm they do NOT have his problem? Thanks,
FWIW it sounds like you may be confusing "resetting" with "restoring". Resetting won't change any settings or lose any data, apps, etc. I'd certainly give that a try. Restoring basically returns the iPad to as-new condition so everything would have to be downloaded and set up again. That would be a last ditch effort.

Most reactions

Latest posts