What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Velcro Heads Up

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
In recent times I was sure that 'velcro' would be the best accessorie for the iPad. Well was I wrong! I bought the velcro, stuck one side to my wall in my room, and the other to my iPad...the iPad stuck on the wall, and it was great, I could watch movies, listen to music etc, etc. But when I decided to pull the iPad off the wall it was so strong that it pulled all of the plaster off leaving me with a massive hole in the wall...so if you ever think about buying velcro to stick your iPad to a wall, then choose your wall very carefully, i.e a kitchen cupbard, a brick wall (with no paint on it)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - that Velcro can be seriously strong stuff. Sorry to hear about your wall. Maybe use less Velcro next time....:(

Tim

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Yes - that Velcro can be seriously strong stuff. Sorry to hear about your wall. Maybe use less Velcro next time....:(

Tim

I don't think I will be doing it again, re-plastering the wall and re-painting the wall did not come cheap! Haha! I will have to look for another way of getting my iPad to stick to the wall!

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry Brindley, but I can't help laughing about this - the idea of a guy sticking an iPad to a wall and then pulling half the wall down trying to get it off
crackup.gif
! It's the sort of DIY accident you see in cartoons, TV ads etc. It's nice that you've taken it in good spirit - if nothing else, you've brightened up our day with a good story!

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
It wasn't funny at the time! I wouldn't tell my dad for ages, I just covered it up with a poster! haha! I have a picture of it somewhere, I will try and find it and post it here!

I am glad my story has cheered you up! I definitely do see the funny side of it now! A cartoon creator may steel this idea and use it in a new episode now you come to mention it! To be honest it would make a comical scene!!

Toonce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brindley said:
In recent times I was sure that 'velcro' would be the best accessorie for the iPad. Well was I wrong! I bought the velcro, stuck one side to my wall in my room, and the other to my iPad...the iPad stuck on the wall, and it was great, I could watch movies, listen to music etc, etc. But when I decided to pull the iPad off the wall it was so strong that it pulled all of the plaster off leaving me with a massive hole in the wall...so if you ever think about buying velcro to stick your iPad to a wall, then choose your wall very carefully, i.e a kitchen cupbard, a brick wall (with no paint on it)

Good thing it didn't rip off the back of your iPad... Better a wall than my iPad I always say...

I just did a goggle search "iPad wall mount" and found a few nice wall mount solutions. I don't have one, so I can't vouch for any, but there is one that looks like a miniature vesa mount. It'd be just like a tv wall mount, but way smaller. Sadly there would be little repositioning flexibility.

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Good thing it didn't rip off the back of your iPad... Better a wall than my iPad I always say...

I just did a goggle search "iPad wall mount" and found a few nice wall mount solutions. I don't have one, so I can't vouch for any, but there is one that looks like a miniature vesa mount. It'd be just like a tv wall mount, but way smaller. Sadly there would be little repositioning flexibility.

Yes, much rather it ripma hole in my wall than a hole in my iPad haha!

Yes I have seen alot of wall mounts too, but no surprise they are all manufactured and sold in America so the cost of shipping is massive!!

Thejan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About that Velcro thing. It seems like one actually managed to manufacture a professional Velcro wall mount solution. I got mine from eBay and works surprisingly well. You can check it youtube Video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdonRiVgjQ&feature=channel_video_title"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdonRiVgjQ&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

or the website hedgie.net. but website is not iPad friendly (Freakin flash)

Last edited:

Most reactions