What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanishing iBooks

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everytime I download an iBook rom the store it vanishes into my computer where I dn't want to read it. Can anyone tell me please how to get them back to my iPad. Thanks
Andrew

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way to purchase iBooks is on your iPad itself. You can't read iBooks on your computer, only on your iPad.

OP
S

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand that but how can I read them on my ipad if they vanish as soon as I connect to my computer and never to return ---unless????
Andrew

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way to purchase iBooks is on your iPad itself. You can't read iBooks on your computer, only on your iPad.

Heuuuuu let me say it’s wrong lah !!!you can read it your computer using Stanza or Adobe Digital all your book are located in iTunes folder

for reply at the initial question of Siran you should check in Itunes in the book section you have select ''automatically update ''

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Heuuuuu let me say it’s wrong lah !!!you can read it your computer using Stanza or Adobe Digital all your book are located in iTunes folder
Pardon me, but the OP specifically said "iBooks" which is a registered trademark of the Apple corporation. At the present time, there is no iBooks program that allows one to read iBooks on your computer. They can only be read on an Apple mobile device.

Now it is possible that he could have meant this in the more generic term of books in electronic form which are available from a variety of sources.

OP
S

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I din't want to read them on my computer I WANT TI READ THEM ON MY iPad - nut every time i download an ibook hey get taken off the iäd shelf and end up in my computer. How do I get them back PLEASE HELP

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you're talking about actual iBooks, the ones you buy from Apple, about the only way they could "vanish" from your iPad would be if you did not have the Sync Books option checked in iTunes. If it is NOT checked, then the books will stay on your computer after you sync, but they will not be put back on your iPad.

itunes23.jpg

Stormyone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So are you all saying that things should be downloaded to the computer then transferred to the iPad? I synced last night and none of the books I downloaded to the iPad are on the computer. I got the warning that if I synced books, they would be removed from the iPad. So in essence they need to be on the computer AND on the iPad?

OP
S

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I call service - screen shot plus arrows did the trick..
Andrew

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So are you all saying that things should be downloaded to the computer then transferred to the iPad? I synced last night and none of the books I downloaded to the iPad are on the computer. I got the warning that if I synced books, they would be removed from the iPad. So in essence they need to be on the computer AND on the iPad?

Let say like this: the philosophy of Apple for the iPad: it should be attached to a computer (for future up date and sync) so everything you have in your device have to be transferred in the computer witch your device is paired if you download a book , a sound, or a video is the same … when you plug it he will transfer all in the computer …. so if in the same time you have not set to sync this media he will vanish all you have download from you iPad … iTunes is not that complicated just need to be set one time and after … enjoy your device

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I call service - screen shot plus arrows did the trick..
Andrew
Glad I could help! Working with these Apple mobile devices can be confusing at first.

I also suggest that you get the iPad User Guide. It is a free download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

And as long as your using iBooks, it is also available as a free iBook from the iBook Store.

Stormyone

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Let say like this: the philosophy of Apple for the iPad: it should be attached to a computer (for future up date and sync) so everything you have in your device have to be transferred in the computer witch your device is paired if you download a book , a sound, or a video is the same … when you plug it he will transfer all in the computer …. so if in the same time you have not set to sync this media he will vanish all you have download from you iPad … iTunes is not that complicated just need to be set one time and after … enjoy your device
Understood... So then how does one copy stuff to the computer if it's been downloaded to the iPad first? What am I missing?

Most reactions