What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using zoom in magazines. Rule?

Vim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can zoom text in magazines when using Zinio but I can't when reading Wired (now in newsstand). What is the rule? Depends on magazines or on app used?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I can zoom text in magazines when using Zinio but I can't when reading Wired (now in newsstand). What is the rule? Depends on magazines or on app used?

Correct. It generally depends on the magazine. Its a limitation placed by a certain magazine, not apple. However, there may be a way around this. If there is, i dont know what it would be.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's not the best solution, but you can always use the Accessibility feature, Zoom. Turn it on under Settings > General > Accessibility. Be sure to read the text about the gestures it uses.

Instead of leaving it on all the time I like to set the Triple-click Home to Ask. That way I can turn Accessibility on or off as I please; without going through Settings each time.

OP
V

Vim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your responses. Tha zoom in accessibility is activated but Wired will not zoom. Maybe because of all the video effects in it. I like reading on the iPad BECAUSE I can zoom...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That is strange. Zoom is a system level feature. An app should not be able to override it. Even video playback can be zoomed.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because I was curious I tried this on the free edition of Wired. The 3 finger double tap worked. I had to try a couple of times to get the tap right.

Most reactions

Latest posts