What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Wireless Mic

Thevideoguytn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been told both yes and no that you can use a wireless mic system with iPad 2. Who can tell me true?

Thanks

Tim (Thevideoguytn)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The question is too general. There are certainly some wireless mics that will work with the iPad, and some that will not. The most likely to work are the bluetooth mics, but their range will be limited. A wi-fi style mic would probably have to be paired with a special app to work. Wireless mics that use other radio technologies won't work.

In all cases, make sure the manufacturer says the mic will work with your iPad model, and how, before buying.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use wireless BlueTooth headsets with Skype and FaceTime on the iPad. I use Jabra headsets, but no reason to assume others won't work.

As TP says, your question is pretty general. If you want to give us more detail, we might be able to help more.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm. One more thought. Any wireless mic that uses a receiver unit that plugs into a standard headphone/mic jack (like the one on the iPad & iPhone) will probably work. That would pretty much bypass all iOS issues, since it's pretty much an all hardware solution. The iPad would treat it exactly like the built in mic in their Ear Pods set.

OP
T

Thevideoguytn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hm. One more thought. Any wireless mic that uses a receiver unit that plugs into a standard headphone/mic jack (like the one on the iPad & iPhone) will probably work. That would pretty much bypass all iOS issues, since it's pretty much an all hardware solution. The iPad would treat it exactly like the built in mic in their Ear Pods set.
Thanks for the reply back. What I'm wanting to do is use my iPad thru my Live Stream account stream some live events with an announcer using a wireless mic. Impossible? :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. It should be possible. I know several podcasts that are done with iPad and iPhones, but I don't know exactly what hardware they use; but there is bound to be some kind of solution. If nothing else, then the old fashioned radio mic I mentioned with some appropriate adaptor cables for the headphone jack.

Just Google Bluetooth mic for iPad and you should get plenty of results to sort through.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts