What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using the pad while plugged in

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agree - should not be a problem w/ the regular wall adapter - just not when syncing to iTunes. The potential problem is the USB cord to the adapter that comes w/ the iPad is rather short! You'll need to be close to the electrical outlet unless a longer USB cord is purchased (something that I've thought about) - :D

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Agree - should not be a problem w/ the regular wall adapter - just not when syncing to iTunes. The potential problem is the USB cord to the adapter that comes w/ the iPad is rather short! You'll need to be close to the electrical outlet unless a longer USB cord is purchased (something that I've thought about) - :D

Don't forget regarding USB cables that In practice, the USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed devices to 5 meters (a little under 16 feet 5 inches). For a low speed device the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).
The resistance falls and it does not work correctly.
;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't forget regarding USB cables that In practice, the USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed devices to 5 meters (a little under 16 feet 5 inches). For a low speed device the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).
;)

Thanks Rambler - :D I was thinking 5-6 ft would be enough - will have to look around the house, may already have one hidden in a drawer or closet?

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
;)

Thanks Rambler - :D I was thinking 5-6 ft would be enough - will have to look around the house, may already have one hidden in a drawer or closet?

No worries mate, it's main problem is the amount of power required to power a longer USB, battery consumption will probably suffer slightly ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts