What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using the keyboard docking station for Ipad1

tunk2412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all, can i use the keyboard dockingstation for my Ipad2?
Thx a lot for your answer....:)

Tunk2412

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that the iPad2 is thinner than the iPad1 and therefore the docking station does not hold it securely. But - electrically - it's completely compatible. So the problem is purely a mechanical issue.

Tim

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the keyboard dock with my iP2 before I knew any better. The back of the iP lines up perfectly with the support portion (the little riser) of the dock, but the angled bezel does seem to make for a more tenuous connection between the dock and iP. Since I got the BT keyboard I hardly use the dock. But I've kept it, rather than returning it, cuz it might come in handy in the office. Wouldn't have ordered it if I had known what the heck I was doing.

OP
T

tunk2412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plainsman said:
I bought the keyboard dock with my iP2 before I knew any better. The back of the iP lines up perfectly with the support portion (the little riser) of the dock, but the angled bezel does seem to make for a more tenuous connection between the dock and iP. Since I got the BT keyboard I hardly use the dock. But I've kept it, rather than returning it, cuz it might come in handy in the office. Wouldn't have ordered it if I had known what the heck I was doing.

Thx so much...:)

Most reactions

Latest posts