What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using the full screen in landscape mode

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In an handful of apps (dropbox, email client, pdf reader), I can't seem to find a way to use the full screen with the open document in landscape mode - the file browser/inbox/whatever is also taking up 1/3 of the screen. Only in portrait mode does it disappear. Is there a way to do this in landscape mode?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I shrunk it down so it wouldn't fill up the whole screen, but here is a DropBox screen shot from my iPad --

ipad32.png

I don't know why yours won't work.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I posted was a screen shot of my iPad with the DropBox app opened in the landscape mode showing that it will fill the entire screen.

I made the screen shot smaller than the actual screen shot from my iPad so it would not take up as much room in my post.

OP
S

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But in your image, the dropbox file explorer takes up about 25-30% of the screen. I'd like to be able to hide the explorer

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sorry, I misunderstood your question. Apparently there is no way to hide the file explorer. But there is an option to open the file in another app, like GoodReader, from DopBox.

ss21.png

One the other side of the same coin, you can also open your DropBox files directly from GoodReader.

ss22.png

OP
S

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I have iannotate which is great for editing pdf files (and you can use the full screen), though I don't always want to edit something I open. So I guess there's no quick fix.

Most reactions

Latest posts