What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

using older Logitech keyboard with new ipad mini 4

Daphne_d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a new ipad min 4, and am wondering if it should be able to pair with an older logitech keyboard. I have used the keyboard with my ipad 2 for some time. I tried to pair it to the min, and it gave me a code, but nothing happened. Will I have to purchase a new one for the mini?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Daphne - welcome to the forum! :) Please provide us w/ the age & model # of your 'old' Logitech KB - might help others to respond w/ the same device, just saying? Since this worked w/ your iPad 2 then I'm assuming that it is a BT KB since you're talking the language, i.e. pairing & code? Not sure why the KB will not pair to your new Mini? Are the batteries fresh? Have you reset the Mini? Let me stop there to allow you to respond. Dave

OP
D

Daphne_d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Dave- thanks for your quick response. My Logitech keyboard is about 4 yrs old. Since you sounded perplexed at the fact that it didn't work, I thought i would try again..... and found that I didn't read the part about hitting the enter key after I typed in the code # ...... it now works...Yay! It seemed to me that it should work. Didn't want to buy a new one if this would work.

Thanks so much,

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, Dave- thanks for your quick response. My Logitech keyboard is about 4 yrs old. Since you sounded perplexed at the fact that it didn't work, I thought i would try again..... and found that I didn't read the part about hitting the enter key after I typed in the code # ...... it now works...Yay! It seemed to me that it should work. Didn't want to buy a new one if this would work........

Yep - hitting the return key does help after an entry - ;) Glad that all is well now - please return if you have further questions. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts