What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using my iPad in South Korea

iapfel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am visiting South Korea soon and want to know if I need any special equipment or assistance to use Safari, check my email, or use Wi-Fi. I know my hotel has Ethernet hookup in the guest rooms plus Wi-Fi in the lobby.

I use Verizon and have Mi-Fi, fwiw.

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you've seen the Verizon page specific to South Korea where you can view coverage maps and determine whether your MiFi is compatible with the South Korean network, but just in case here's the link

Calling From South Korea

You won't have any trouble with WiFi in the hotel lobby - though, without knowing details of the hotel, it's difficult to know if you'll be charged.

The iPad does not support wired-Ethernet, so you'll not be able to take advantage of that in your room.

Your iPad charger will work just fine in South Korea (and in any other country in the world too)

Enjoy your visit - it's a very beautiful country with wonderful people so I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there.

Tim
Scotland

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will work there my kid's just came back from there and there worked fine with the Wifi system that was there in the diff places they went to inside the diff coffee shop's there ..

kapitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my solution to wired ethernet is to always have a wireless router sitting in my suitcase....

OP
I

iapfel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughtful responses. I really appreciate it.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you there take look at the diff vending machine's and try out the Mr Chef pizza vending machine here ..it a blast to get a pizza from

OP
I

iapfel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Henry2. Any other vending machine suggestions? My kids were very intrigued by your advice!

Most reactions

Latest posts