What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using my iPad for a Biker Blog

duncankunz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.duncankunz.smugmug.com
I'm a soon-to-retire bureaucrat who will be taking a solo bike tour through Utah and Idaho later this summer. Although I have a laptop, I bought theNew iPad for its solid state drive and small size and besides, my iPhone seems pretty easy to figure out so what the hey!

Anyway, I love to take pictures, so I got aSD card attachment and a little bluetooth keyboard. My goal over the next couple of weeks is to figure out what applications would help me capture my camera's pictures, write/add on to a daily blog, and upload 'em all to a blog-hosting site.

I'm hoping to pick up a lot of tips from the community here!

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to Apple iPad Forums!
Be sure to read the rules.
As for the blog, and pictures, are you looking for ways to enahnce the graphics around the picture, like Gimp or Photoshop would, or something that'll zoom in/out better? I could probably find a few apps that would help with that.

-City

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

You might want to look at DraftCraft for your blog.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

The Archangel

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as blogs go, I believe there are apps for both Blogger and Wordpress, if you have a blog set up with either of them.

OP
D

duncankunz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.duncankunz.smugmug.com
Thanks to all of you for your inputs -- and only after ten or fifteen minutes! I have never had a blog before, but I have heard good things about WordPress. What Im looking to do is to crop and make minor tweaks to my shapshots (I can Photoshop 'em when I get home) and stuff a few into the text, with a daily (or nightly) update.

City and mdholm, I would be glad to hear your recommendations; I will also be looking up various applications' reviews to se which ones will fulfill my (admittedly pretty simple) requirements.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wordpress and Blogger are both very popular blogging platforms; check them out online. I follow several bloggers who use both. Blogger is more simplified; with Wordpress you can eventually use it to host your own URL. If you set up your own blog, you can download the app that goes with it and blog from your iPhone or iPad.

Most reactions