What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using my ipad as a universal remote for everything that needs one..

Figlio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to use my iPad 2 as a remote to control everything in the house that needs a remote control. So basically i want to control my tv, sound system, ps3, computer, etc. In time i'd also like to control the light, heater, alarm with my iPad. Does anyone have experience with this? I was reading about Red Eye hardware and app but i cant find anything about it on this forum.
All ideas/ experiences are more than welcome!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have wanted to do the same, but my house was built 50 years ago so it is no where near wired for home automation. We only have 2 cable jacks for tv! One we had to install ourselves.

Google "home automation iPad" and see what comes up.

takeshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd recommend by starting with home automation systems that will work in one way or another with the iPad. You'll need that piece sorted out for lights/heater/alarm. The infrared remote stuff is much easier to deal with.

Most reactions

Latest posts