What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using my iPad 2 to connect to my iMac Camera?

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may belong in the App section not sure...

However, I was wondering if there was a way I could access the built-in camera on my iMac at home using my iPad 2 at a remote location? I know there Facetime but that requires a party to be located on each end. I want to be able to access the camera on the iMac at home when no one is there. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess 'Help' is the right place, but remember, this is an international forum so there are members all over the world, so you might need to wait a day or two before you can expect a reply.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You probably need two things. First you will need a program on your iMac that will turn the camera into a webcam, and give it an IP address. This could be local or internet. I know there are programs that do this, but can't think of any off the top of my head.

Then you need to get a webcam viewing app for the iPad and enter the IP address. Again, I know they exist, but you are on your own searching for them. I haven't spent any time trying to set this up.

OP
lonzom10

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys... Appreciate the feedback! I'll see what I can find to turn my Mac camera into a webcam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts