What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Moto Droid to Tether iPad

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the "NAT rules" thing mean? I didn't see it yesterday, but never did connect. Maybe I'll have better luck with the iPad.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tweeter said:
What is the "NAT rules" thing mean? I didn't see it yesterday, but never did connect. Maybe I'll have better luck with the iPad.

What Droid do you have? I would go to www.droidxforums.com and ask them guys....there good and respond quick....may be he version of wireless tether u have

emaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Droid X/iPad tether question

I have looked through here and don't see quite what I am looking for. I have a jailbroken iPad and a rooted Droid X. The Droid is rooted by a program called M4root or something like that. It works great, my ipad recognizes it and is pretty fast.

My question is this. IF I wanted to reset my iPad and essentially 'unjailbreak" it will my rooted Droid and tethering app still work OR does the iPad HAVE to be jailbroke also for any of it to work? After looking through Cydia and even trying a few things I realized I real don't have a ton of use for apps in general. Almost have a desire to just return to a nice clean OS on the iPad.

The MAIN reason I jailbroke in first place was to simply take advantage of my data plan on my Droid X without having to pay Verizon to use their wifi hotspot service. I jailbroke my Droid myself but a friend jailbroke the iPad.

Anyone thoughts or experience with this?

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
emaw said:
I have looked through here and don't see quite what I am looking for. I have a jailbroken iPad and a rooted Droid X. The Droid is rooted by a program called M4root or something like that. It works great, my ipad recognizes it and is pretty fast.

My question is this. IF I wanted to reset my iPad and essentially 'unjailbreak" it will my rooted Droid and tethering app still work OR does the iPad HAVE to be jailbroke also for any of it to work? After looking through Cydia and even trying a few things I realized I real don't have a ton of use for apps in general. Almost have a desire to just return to a nice clean OS on the iPad.

The MAIN reason I jailbroke in first place was to simply take advantage of my data plan on my Droid X without having to pay Verizon to use their wifi hotspot service. I jailbroke my Droid myself but a friend jailbroke the iPad.

Anyone thoughts or experience with this?

No u don't have to be jail broken.. I have both iPads neither jail broken using a droid x here rooted z4 using wireless tether app. All it does is send out your 3 g signal and let's anyone within feet to pick up your signal with there wifi device unless u have your signal locked. I was in a meeting the other day and there was 2 iPads and 2 evo's using my droid x signal I obviously had my phone on charge the whole time but I had unplugged my phone for a few and he got so hot a drained the battery it took a couple hours to charge haha

Most reactions

Latest posts