What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

using iTunes gift card

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i got an iTunes gift card for c,mas and i downloaded a song onto my 4s using redeem,what I'm wondering is when i want to buy some games on my ipad2 will i have to enter the code again into my iPad?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I check-in to iTunes it tells me how much I have left in my account from the gift card I put in.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I check-in to iTunes it tells me how much I have left in my account from the gift card I put in.
yes,i have a balance showing in iTunes now,i didn't click redeem and enter the code again,apparently you're supposed to do it again,it didn't take the amount off my account for the music track,it must have took it from my bank account.....so when i want to buy something do i have to go to iTunes,then redeem and enter my number each time i buy something?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should automatically use the gift card first (without having to use "redeem" every time). However it does not immediately show the balance change. That has been my experience.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should automatically use the gift card first (without having to use "redeem" every time). However it does not immediately show the balance change. That has been my experience.
ah right,so iTunes knows when you have credit then,at the mo its showing the full amount,i,ll check again tomorrow,thank you.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Poison ivy, I just purchased a game and pressed purchased. It asked for my password and than installed. I did not have to press the redeem-it just made the transaction and subtracted that amount from my available money on my gift card. You can see your balance remaining. I do not have a credit card online for purchases. I got rid of that months ago. It's so much easier and gives me a peace of mind.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Poison ivy, I just purchased a game and pressed purchased. It asked for my password and than installed. I did not have to press the redeem-it just made the transaction and subtracted that amount from my available money on my gift card. You can see your balance remaining. I do not have a credit card online for purchases. I got rid of that months ago. It's so much easier and gives me a peace of mind.
Thanks skimonkey,i decided to do exactly the same thing,i cancelled my card details last night by clicking on "none",i too think its much safer to purchase via a gift card,im going to keep an eye out for special offers on cards.

Most reactions