What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iphone hotspot with ipad and eprinter for mobile application?

scadaman29325

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using iphone hotspot with ipad and eprinter for mobile application?

I'm trying to understand this before i make a purchase.

What I want is a way to print in my car from my ipad.

I'm thinking that I could use the iphone hotspot feature to give my ipad and an hp eprinter an internet connection (no wireless router needed).

Again, if I setup the hotspot on the iphone 4 can I use that to give the ipad 2 an internet connection and the same for the hp eprinter?

TIA, Phil

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't need an Internet connection to be able to print from the iPad to a WiFi printer. You simply need something that can allocate an IP address - such as a router (which wouldn't need to be connected to the Internet). Many Members have used the Apple Airport Express unit because it's so small.

Tim

OP
S

scadaman29325

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim,

I found this:

https:// "discussions.apple.com/message/13173630#13173630" remove quotes
Apple Support Communities > iPad > Using iPad > Discussions
AirPrint/HP eprint Requirements clarification Regarding network
(sorry, site will not let me post link till third post)

It's even better, hopefully all I have to do is set the printer to "an adhoc network or no network" and the iPad can connect directly to the eprinter, no router/Internet/iPhone needed, it makes it's on network between the printer and iPad!

Thanks again, Phil

Most reactions