What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

using ipad mail

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have configured my outlook express and googlemail to arrive on my ipad.

Am I right to assume, that when I compose/send mail from my ipad, it will always send as an Icloud (@me) .

george

gwynsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it depends on what you set as your smtp server in your mail setup and what your default email account is.

Sent from my iPad 1,2 or 3 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
IF:

You send a new mail while in the All Inbox it will go out using the default email account; set in Settings > Mai, Contacts, Calendars.

You send an email while looking at a specific account's Inbox, it will go out using that account (assuming your SMTP is set correctly for that account).

You send an email from another app (like Photos) it will go out using the default account.

You reply or forward an email it will go out using the same account it was received from.

At all times you can tap on the from line in the email before sending and choose what account it will be sent from.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is bang on, I had a session with Apple Support yesterday.

If like me, you have several email accounts like Outlook Express/hotmail/gmail, it depends which inbox you are in when starting new mail.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts