What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad in bed

iphoneblaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can not pass a single day without my iPad in bed.I would love to use it in every night to see different things and videos.You can keep it on your pillow.

abbeysnana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really loving the idea of the wedgestand.

Have used a pillow, my legs, and a bed table, but they all have their downsides......the pillow covers up part of the screen, I like to move my legs around, and a bed table is cumbersome.

Now to decide color........:)

lindy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darkangelwitch said:
I just use a spare pillow, works a treat :)

Darkangelwitch (Surrey) Sent from my iPad using iPF

Marvellous, I am a new iPad owner and didn't even think of this, I have a small pillow and it works just fine, soooo much more comfortable (yes I am a bit blonde!)

Linda

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lindy123 said:
Marvellous, I am a new iPad owner and didn't even think of this, I have a small pillow and it works just fine, soooo much more comfortable (yes I am a bit blonde!)

Linda

My other iPad support is the dog when he falls asleep on my lap but it has it's downside in that the iPad moves up and down when he breaths LOL

Darkangelwitch (Surrey) Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lean mine against my wall, (bed is beside wall), and get cosy on my side, and sometimes snuggle up to one of my dogs as well. I havent fell asleep while watching/being on it. I do with my iPhone though.

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
Hi, I love watching movies and TV shows on my iPad in bed but I can never get really comfortable, I usually end up lying down and holding my iPad up but my arms start to ache after a while. Does anyone know of any kind of stand I could use.
you need hold it with something, or you can use your quilt to clamp your iPad,but I want to say,it is not good for your eyes,you should notice that!

skuk21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it is heavy, and for that reason i've ordered a Nexus 7 to see what its like!

rossg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Though this is a non active thread I'd like to say "get a pillow"! It will save your neck, back, wrist....
Something like wedge stand is nice. Mine is a pillow with a extra space for keyboard
Moderator's edit.. no external links and no advertising allowed. Link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually bought this pyramid type cushion that you prop your tablet of choice up on one of the sides and then the whole thing sits on your tummy whilst you're laying down, pretty cool

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ill have to check out some stands or whatever for bed use. I always feel like I can't get quite comfortable when using the iPad in bed, especially when just watching a TV show or something on it. Can't quite get my neck angle right, my legs, etc, etc.

neenaiphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several iPad stands a one like this can be easily found on ebay

hands-free-ipad-stand.jpg

sono123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all for posting various solutions on this forum! I was hoping there was a case that can help with this issue? Most of what I see are stands that arent portable. I spend time at my girlfriends, parents, and my apartment. I wouldnt want to buy 3 stands.

Any thoughts??

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I lie on my side and have found that if I lock the Ipad (original) in landscape mode I can then set the case/stand so the Ipad is sitting portrait style and the film/TV show remains set at right angles to the bed.
I then bunch up the end of my duvet behind to keep it steady.

image-2027816213.jpg

This way I can comfortably view it while lying on my side without having to buy a special extra stand.

Last edited:

mac212

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the lazepad, I'm loving it! lazepad (doc) com

Attachments

• ipad-pillow-holder.jpg
    ipad-pillow-holder.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 459

Most reactions

Latest posts