What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad in bed

wedgestand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I love watching movies and TV shows on my iPad in bed but I can never get really comfortable, I usually end up lying down and holding my iPad up but my arms start to ache after a while. Does anyone know of any kind of stand I could use.

If your looking for an iPad holder for bed use than you should check out our products www.wedgestand.com. We manufacturer a small and lightweight lap wedge/pillow designed to give you comfortable hands free use of your iPad while your in bed or lounging on the couch.

Last edited:

macsniper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A stand maybe good for some bedroom with enough space, but definitely not mine:<

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iAdammTM said:
I usually have my legs folded towards me and use my legs as a stand, it's comfortable and a good position for your iPad to rest while watching films or w.e.

Usually what I do also. Propping my iPad on my knees right now (though I'm on a couch, not in a bed)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My cat Archie makes an excellent iPad stand. He's fast asleep and doesn't seem to object.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
My cat Archie makes an excellent iPad stand. He's fast asleep and doesn't seem to object.

My cat freaks out if I touch her the wrong way so I can only imagine using her. Though she's usually my lap warmer when I use my iPad in bed :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very nice Kay! Lol
I'd rather not have the litter box either!

macsniper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think a good iPad holder should be easily adjusted its angle. its arm is long enough even if you are using it in the middle of a double bed.:ipad-movie:

mauita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The case I use has three indentations in the back cover to hold at different angles. Just as good as that pillow thing!

AdamChi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I love watching movies and TV shows on my iPad in bed but I can never get really comfortable, I usually end up lying down and holding my iPad up but my arms start to ache after a while. Does anyone know of any kind of stand I could use.

Jimbo.. I struggled with this exact problem for over a year before finally getting so fed up that I invented my own iPad holder specifically for comfortably using the iPad on the couch, in bed, etc

Reminder - Rule 13
No external links or email addresses will be posted in threads

Posting links to products or services is allowed, as long as it is relevant to the conversation, enhances the discussion within the thread, and does not promote your personal web site, domain, service, company, business or another iPad forum. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete any inappropriate or excessive links.
However, if you are the developer, owner or are otherwise affiliated with the product or service, web site, etc., you may not post links per rule #7.

Please review all our forum rules here

Chris
IPF Team

Last edited by a moderator:

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine in bed too, normally I just use my folio case which has an integrated stand, I just set it up on my bed side table.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just use a spare pillow, works a treat :)

Darkangelwitch (Surrey) Sent from my iPad using iPF

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I look at my ipad a lot in bed and use either a stand, like the one below, the smartcover or a pillow if I am too lazy to get up to get the stand!
griffin_a_frame_ipad_stand.jpg

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually read while lying on my belly, with the iPad propped on the pillow, but what it sound like you need is a bed table. They make them for eating in bed or reading books. I imagine that you could find them at some place like Amazon.

Most reactions

Latest posts