What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad for presentation wirelessly

lastdance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do alot of presentations with a Windows PC and Powerpoint. Wondering how can I make use of my iPad2.

Would like to hear from those who have done so to share their experience and what apps/equipments they used. Thanks :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim

OP
L

lastdance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! These basically covers the office compatible apps.

Another area I'm looking at is presenting all powerpoint slides.
Is it possible to do so wireless from the iPad?
Can the presentations be interactive in a way I can highlight and write on my iPad and have it projected live?

pinxue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AirSlides is a wireless presentation solution

AirSlides is designed specifically for wireless presentation with iPad. It supports PDF only so far, that means we need export PDF from PPT or keynote file firstly. Fortunately, recent version of MS PowerPoint or Apple Keynote both have built-in support now.For conference room provides VGA cable only, AirSlides supports iPad --WiFi--> iPhone/iTouch/iPad --Apple VGA adapter--> projector/TV. For the room with AppleTV, AirSlides supports AirPlay mirroring. It is amazing easy and confortable to jump between pages, to draw on screen. Here is a video to show the setup and using:

Last edited by a moderator:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Unless you use a remote desktop app to remote into the PC, any app for wireless presentations will require software installed on the PC.

The solution posted above is interesting if you have both an iPad and iPhone, however it does have a slight lag.

colin123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
A very new device has been developed for ipad mirroring that not only mirror your ipad screen but also integrated with various video conferencing apps .There are many products available in the market but there quite costly and also lacking in some areas like os supporting etc.If anyone has use Prijector ,do comment your reviews here.I have gone through their website (EDITED) and found really impressive.

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules.
http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/forum-rules-everybody-please-read.2119/
No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That service is very expensive, costing up to $429.00. For iOS devices and Macs, you get the same thing for free by using AirPlay through an Apple TV connected to a large screen TV or a video projector. The only cost is the price of the Apple TV, if you don't already have one.

Most reactions

Latest posts