What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad as a torrent downloader?

MartyIng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it feasible to use an iPad to download torrents to my NAS since it's plugged in practically all day and takes so little power? I hate to run my desktop PC to download torrents. If so, what apps are the best to use to download torrents?

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to
Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
and use the web app from a downloader app such as downloads hd

Last edited by a moderator:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Discussions regarding pirated apps, music or movies is prohibited in this forum please read our rules. Thread has been reopened however make sure the discussion does not go in wrong direction.

Last edited:

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we can talk about torrents? I'm personally curious if it's possible to use itransmission to download torrent onto a hard drive connected to the iPad via the camera connection kit? (I don't have the kit or I would try)

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ccooluke said:
So we can talk about torrents? I'm personally curious if it's possible to use itransmission to download torrent onto a hard drive connected to the iPad via the camera connection kit? (I don't have the kit or I would try)

I really dont think thats possible

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a torrent plugin for safari to download things directly to your iPad, I use it all the time. You would then simply just upload the file to an FTP location (I use FileZilla) using an app that supports that such as goodreader. Downloading to a hard drive connected via the CCK is possible if you set that as the download location in the safari torrent plugin.

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a torrent plugin for safari to download things directly to your iPad, I use it all the time. You would then simply just upload the file to an FTP location (I use FileZilla) using an app that supports that such as goodreader. Downloading to a hard drive connected via the CCK is possible if you set that as the download location in the safari torrent plugin.

Wow, finally a real answer. Thank you very much! I will look into that!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How did you ever figure this out?

OP
M

MartyIng

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Very interesting. I'll have to check that out.

I do want to save directly to my NAS (appears on my network as an SMB share). Hopefully I can get that to work.

Most reactions

Latest posts