What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad as a Field Recorder

redsmydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen some apps for recording (I'm using iPad 3) and it seems they're designed for note taking or writing. Can anyone recommend an app to record ambient sounds, crowds, etc. and be able to transfer it to a desktop as a wave or mp3 file using iTunes or whatever?
Thanks in advance,
-Red

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are plenty of audio recording apps in the app store. Each has it's own set of features so it's best to search the app store for the best fit. There are also add-on microphones to improve the sound compared to the built-in mic. Some plug into the dock connector and others via the headset jack. I have not tried any of these.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Evernote will record audio, along with photos and text. Might be what you are looking for, or not.

If you are going to recored a lot of audio you might need a paid account; but the plus side is that it automatically syncs to the desktop version via the internet. No need for manual transfer.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Evernote will record audio, along with photos and text. Might be what you are looking for, or not.

If you are going to recored a lot of audio you might need a paid account; but the plus side is that it automatically syncs to the desktop version via the internet. No need for manual transfer.

That reminds me of one I have on my iPhone that records the file straight to Dropbox. It is called DropVox.

OP
R

redsmydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! I think I've settled on WavePad but, I'll give DropVox a try as well!

Most reactions

Latest posts