What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Ipad 2 as GPS?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too bad I can only afford the WiFi iPad. Having GPS would be great, because my Android phone that's SUPPOSED to have it doesn't. The model phone I have was released with a broken GPS they never bothered to fix.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may want to look at Navigon, recently acquired by Garmin and rock solid on my iPad 2. A class act IMHO.

mjla1715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound stupid, but I ust got my ipad a week ago and one of the reasons was to use it as a GPS...Garmin out of date...
Is it possible to use the ipad maps to get reliable street to street directions? or do I have to get a different app?
Many thanks,
Mary

Vlammetje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The maps will work, but there are other apps thst will also work. I like Waze because it also gives me traffic updates.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Garmin GPS 10 which is a bluetooth device communicate to a iPad 2?

Simple answer is NO. If you have a WIFI only Ipad the only GPS receivers that will work with the IPAD cost about $100.00.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I ask why you want to do this regardless the short answer is no however in saying that you may be able to play music through the gps.

The GPS 10 is just a blue tooth receiver puck type device, no music/data type storage to it.

Dalesr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is a great GPS which I use with my IPAQ. The reasons I wanted to use the GPS10 with my iPad 2 is it's WAAS, more accurate, and I own it. The GPS 10 is a Bluetooth device but the iPad does not pair with it. Thanks for your reply.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The three GPS receivers that do work with the Ipad are all WAAS as well. I'm a pilot as have used each of them when flying. Anyways nice to see that blue dot on a approach plate to know exactly where you are.

Most reactions

Latest posts