What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using icloud

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello plz some one tell me I m not known too much about I cloud. Backup of my device is possible only from my end if anyone stole my id.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a brief overview:

To set up an iCloud account, you can either use the same email address as your Apple ID, or a different one.

iCloud can backup camera roll, accounts, documents and settings. You can use this backup to restore your iPad from it. Backing up through iCloud will disable iTunes backup.
A backup to iCloud will take place when your iPad is connected to Wi-Fi, plugged in and locked. (All three of them.)

Some of the features you can use with an iCloud account: Keychain and Find my iPad. The latter can be used, if enabled, to find a lost or stolen iPad, and to remote erase your device.
iCloud syncs Safari bookmarks and favorites.; notes from the Notes app; documents from Pages, Numbers, Keynote; reminders; ...

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iCloud can backup camera roll, accounts, documents and settings. You can use this backup to restore your iPad from it. Backing up through iCloud will disable iTunes backup.
A backup to iCloud will take place when your iPad is connected to Wi-Fi, plugged in and locked. (All three of them.) ...

Hi Johanna - I'm still using a cabled iTunes backup to my laptop (my IT pro son says I'm nuts not to use the iCloud option! :D), but I've looked at the choices and from my reading, apparently the cloud & iTunes can be used together (w/i the directions quoted below from HERE) - my interest is based on an upcoming purchase of an iPad Air​, which I'll restore from a backup (son used iCloud in his Air upgrade). Thanks for the input - Dave :)

When to use iCloud and iTunes Backup together
For an extra level of backup for your data, you can use iCloud Backup and iTunes Backup together.
Using iCloud Backup doesn't disable iTunes Backup completely, it just turns off Automatic Backups via iTunes. You can trigger a manual iTunes Backup yourself whenever you want to create a new one.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Using iTunes backup or iCloud backup only disables the automatic backup of the other service. You can still force a manual backup by either method.

I use iCloud backups as my usual/automatic method, because I can more or less forget them, and they still happen. Every once in a while I'll connect my iOS devices to iTunes and do a manual backup as insurance.

This gives me two levels of backup. The iCloud one, which is better at restoring everything, as long as you have a good internet connection and patience, and the iTunes one that is older, faster, and did not update automatically; which means if I did something really bad and didn't get if fixed before the auto iCloud backup I can restore an older version.

My third line of defense is to make sure all important documents get saved off the iPad independent of the backups. Methods vary, but it usually involves a bit of extra work whenever you create a new or save an updated file. I do this because backups are all-or-nothing; which means you can recover single files from then. That, and it isn't always clear what apps save documents in backups. Better safe than sorry.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sir, u make me confuses, samplely tell me that I did not make any account on cloud and all options automatically sync is close. I had my pad not stolen only maybe password lick now can some some sync my pad while I m use.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If someone has your iCloud ID and password, yes, they could use it to restore your backup to another device.

If you believe your password has been stolen, then change it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Johanna - I'm still using a cabled iTunes backup to my laptop (my IT pro son says I'm nuts not to use the iCloud option! :D), but I've looked at the choices and from my reading, apparently the cloud & iTunes can be used together (w/i the directions quoted below from HERE) - my interest is based on an upcoming purchase of an iPad Air​, which I'll restore from a backup (son used iCloud in his Air upgrade). Thanks for the input - Dave :)
I forgot "automatic". See twerppoet's post.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's mean if if I uploaded my data on cloud then But I did already not utilize that cloud service then

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sir, I did make any account & upload any data on cloud. Now IF any on got my Apple ID by changes. Now he/she can harmful for us. I m asking becoz I still did not use /and understand syne function.tkz.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm still not understanding what you are saying.

If you do not have an iCloud account, or have not been using it, then there is nothing for anyone to steal or abuse.

If you do have an iCloud account, it is just like any other online account. Protecting your user name and password is important. Anyone who has those things can abuse it. This is no different than any other online service you use. If someone has the keys to your house, how good the locks are does not matter.

If you are worried about someone hacking the account directly and stealing data (without your password) then almost all data in iCloud is encrypted, including your backup files.

xrayeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please forgive if I am making an assumption, but if you are using a translation service, you might try translating back to your language to see what is being written. It is very difficult to understand your grammar. Perhaps you could also find someone that speaks English to type your question for you?

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still not understanding what you are saying. If you do not have an iCloud account, or have not been using it, then there is nothing for anyone to steal or abuse. If you do have an iCloud account, it is just like any other online account. Protecting your user name and password is important. Anyone who has those things can abuse it. This is no different than any other online service you use. If someone has the keys to your house, how good the locks are does not matter. If you are worried about someone hacking the account directly and stealing data (without your password) then almost all data in iCloud is encrypted, including your backup files.
Tks. Sir u understand what I m trying to say, by mistaken I forget to write I did not have any data on clouds. Plz forgive me for grammar I like one more thing about APPLE it's always correct my spell.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts