Using icloud

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by jaba123, Dec 8, 2013.

1. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Hello plz some one tell me I m not known too much about I cloud. Backup of my device is possible only from my end if anyone stole my id.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just a brief overview:

To set up an iCloud account, you can either use the same email address as your Apple ID, or a different one.

iCloud can backup camera roll, accounts, documents and settings. You can use this backup to restore your iPad from it. Backing up through iCloud will disable iTunes backup.
    A backup to iCloud will take place when your iPad is connected to Wi-Fi, plugged in and locked. (All three of them.)

Some of the features you can use with an iCloud account: Keychain and Find my iPad. The latter can be used, if enabled, to find a lost or stolen iPad, and to remote erase your device.
    iCloud syncs Safari bookmarks and favorites.; notes from the Notes app; documents from Pages, Numbers, Keynote; reminders; ...

#2 J. A., Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi Johanna - I'm still using a cabled iTunes backup to my laptop (my IT pro son says I'm nuts not to use the iCloud option! :D), but I've looked at the choices and from my reading, apparently the cloud & iTunes can be used together (w/i the directions quoted below from HERE) - my interest is based on an upcoming purchase of an iPad Air​, which I'll restore from a backup (son used iCloud in his Air upgrade). Thanks for the input - Dave :)

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Using iTunes backup or iCloud backup only disables the automatic backup of the other service. You can still force a manual backup by either method.

I use iCloud backups as my usual/automatic method, because I can more or less forget them, and they still happen. Every once in a while I'll connect my iOS devices to iTunes and do a manual backup as insurance.

This gives me two levels of backup. The iCloud one, which is better at restoring everything, as long as you have a good internet connection and patience, and the iTunes one that is older, faster, and did not update automatically; which means if I did something really bad and didn't get if fixed before the auto iCloud backup I can restore an older version.

My third line of defense is to make sure all important documents get saved off the iPad independent of the backups. Methods vary, but it usually involves a bit of extra work whenever you create a new or save an updated file. I do this because backups are all-or-nothing; which means you can recover single files from then. That, and it isn't always clear what apps save documents in backups. Better safe than sorry.

5. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Sir, u make me confuses, samplely tell me that I did not make any account on cloud and all options automatically sync is close. I had my pad not stolen only maybe password lick now can some some sync my pad while I m use.

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If someone has your iCloud ID and password, yes, they could use it to restore your backup to another device.

If you believe your password has been stolen, then change it.

7. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I forgot "automatic". See twerppoet's post.

8. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It's mean if if I uploaded my data on cloud then But I did already not utilize that cloud service then

9. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry. I do not understand your question.