What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using I-PAd 3G as a phone

BKD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to use the I-PAD 3G as a phone?
I have had a few cases where my i-phone is dead or in use and if I could dial a number on the Pad it would have been quite useful.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BKD said:
Has anyone figured out how to use the I-PAD 3G as a phone?
I have had a few cases where my i-phone is dead or in use and if I could dial a number on the Pad it would have been quite useful.

Ipad1 - jailbreak and install Phone-It for iPad from iPhoneIslam. Works great.

No options for iPad2 other than standard IP telephony apps such as Skype etc. available from the app store.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've used Talkatone (in conjunction with Gmail) before. It's not the best when compared to a regular cell phone, but you can use it to call regular phones (or cell phones).

I know this because I had to call my brother-in-law once when I got a flat tire. But, that's another story... :D

It is/was a handy, "just in case" app. Free, too. I'm not sure about service if you are outside the USA, but it works a treat IN the US.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts