What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using highlight notes from iBooks

Yamatai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to email your highlighted notes from iBooks. It would be nice to use them as a printed document if i can get them out of the iPad. Any apps for enhancing iBooks?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In a standard ePub:

You can not email the highlighted text directly, but you can select the highlighted text, copy, create a note, then paste.

Skitch-2012-06-08 04:10:23 +0000.jpg

You can then go to the table of contents page and select the notes tab. A the box arrow option at the top right will give you an email option.

Skitch-2012-06-08 04:11:22 +0000.jpg

The resulting email is quite nice, making sure you have all the info you need to give credit for quotes, or references.

Skitch-2012-06-08 04:12:46 +0000.jpg

In iBooks Author text books:

Notes are both better and worse. There are more tools dedicated to the management of notes. You can even create study cards from them. The notes icon is right next to the table of contents icon in the toolbar. Tap in the middle of the screen to see it.

But; you can not copy text and paste it into a note (at least not in the few books I've tried); and like ePubs only the notes you type (not highlighted text) can be emailed.

The resulting email looks similar.

OP
Y

Yamatai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Working with notes in iBooks on iPad 3

Thanx! Maybe this is asking too much - is there a way to select all the highlights listed under notes on the TOC page, and copy/paste all at once into a giant note or stickie? I already have numerous highlights and still have 400 pages to go in this tech book. Is there an app for doing things in iBooks for some of us reading nerds? My iPad 3 books are pre-ordered and won't come til later in June. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of any way to do what you want.

The nature of iOS does not allow one app to affect or enhance another (with the exception of some jailbreak apps), so you won't find an app that will do something inside iBooks for you.

Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts