Using French and US itunes accts on IPAD2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ceerou, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ceerou

ceerou iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I migrate between US and France. My IPAD and computers are currently linked to US itunes store. Can I set up a new account in France (I have French credit card and address) and use apps and purchases from both places on my IPAD?

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Absolutely - it's not a problem at all. Several of our Members have multiple iTunes accounts for exactly the same reason. You don't even need a credit card - an Apple Gift Card is all you need.

Have fun...

Tim

3. ceerou

ceerou iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How to create multiple acccounts

Thanks for previous help - but that brings up another problem. My Itunes account says that 5 computers are authorized to play content purchased with this Apple ID - and it only allows me to de-authorize all (not specific ones) - I am currently using 3 computers and an ipod touch and an old nano (are these counted as computers?) and it is possible that I had previously authorized older computers that I no longer have.

Is this relevant to authorizing a 2nd Itunes account? I am not sure how to create a 2nd (french) account... Do I create it outside of my American Itunes account? Do I just start a new Itunes account as if I were another person with a different login or is the new account somehow linked to the old one?

4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    I'll move this to the Help section where I think it will attract more attention

Tim