What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using External Storage Devices with the iPad

wheelhot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, anyone can tell me where to get these online? Preferably Amazon US. I found a few on Amazon but the price difference between similar looking connection kits and some with bad reviews is holding my purchase. Anyone care to tell me where they get theirs?

21127d1343094985-using-external-storage-devices-ipad-image-2665137353.jpg21128d1343095027-using-external-storage-devices-ipad-image-3610112708.jpg

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I won't off and left most of my sd cards at home in my little sd card box. I had one in my air stash and I had my portable hard drive with me. So I tried to use my laptop to transfer files from my portable hard drive to laptop via USB (fast) and then from my laptop to my Airstash sd card. No matter how I did that transfer it was slow....not sure where the problem is....likely the card because USB is faster than what I'm seeing with this card.

So, I'm thinking of getting the patriot node that is listed in the first post of this thread. That way I can use a 2.5 inch drive in the enclosure and have more space on one device (not as portable, but then I don't have to worry about leaving something if I load it up). I'd just get the one with no storage included as I have plenty. Anyone here have a Node?

Last edited:

claudiuid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey

I've posted a thread in ipad hacking and a forum colleague pointed me this discussion.
I have an jb ipad 2 with CCK and an 8 gb flash drive with avi and mkv movies on it.
Is there any way i can watch the movies from my flash drive ? In ifile app i selected the movie and open with video player .
The black screen from the video player appeared along with the progress bar and fwd/play buttons showing my movie's time remaining and then nothing.
Nothing else happened .I've tried to copy the movie to my ipad but the result was the same.

stevenobrien129a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone does anybody know how to play avi's from the gauntlet node?? the goflex satellite uses oplayer which is very handy but i cant find any info on the gauntlet node thanks and regards Steve

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone does anybody know how to play avi's from the gauntlet node?? the goflex satellite uses oplayer which is very handy but i cant find any info on the gauntlet node thanks and regards Steve

I responded to you over on the patriot forum. I can play avi's using the ACE Player and the Samba login on the node. I don't think the Gaunlet Node app supports avi's. Also, I could not make Oplayer HD lite work, not sure why....

Last edited:

Fredrikrena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ifile without jailbreak?

Could someone tell me how to get iFile without jailbreaked Ipad? Or any other filesbrowser that let me play movies from USB-memory like describe in IV at the first page.

Thanks!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could someone tell me how to get iFile without jailbreaked Ipad? Or any other filesbrowser that let me play movies from USB-memory like describe in IV at the first page.

Thanks!

Can't be done without a jailbreak, sorry.

Fredrikrena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't be done without a jailbreak, sorry.

But what can I do according to point III and IV or the first page? It seems like I can use either a USB-memory or a SD-card to browse the memories?
I have bought Goodreader but my SD-card doesn´t show up in goodreader.
Is there any guide how to see browsee files on the SD-card? I suppose it works, otherwise point III and IV are unnecessary to have on the first page.

Could someone explain?

Most reactions

Latest posts