What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Evernote on the iPad

JimmyHill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Evernote has become a big part of my life, catching snippets from all sorts of places, from the desktop, MacBook and iPhone. Now, I'm wondering how to do same on my new iPad? It looks like it just doesn't happen quite the same... There's no 'Clip Page' or 'Save URL'?

Unless I'm missing something?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iCab Mobile browser can save pages and selections to Evernote. You can also create a bookmark in Safari that will do this. The same technique should work in most browsers.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/19911-evernote-web-clipper-installation.html

Both are painfully slow.

As for everything else, usind the multitask bar to switch between apps with copy&paste will work most of the time.

OP
JimmyHill

JimmyHill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The iCab Mobile browser can save pages and selections to Evernote. You can also create a bookmark in Safari that will do this. The same technique should work in most browsers.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/19911-evernote-web-clipper-installation.html

Both are painfully slow.

As for everything else, usind the multitask bar to switch between apps with copy&paste will work most of the time.

Thanks for your reply... I followed the thread but got a bit lost; I think the whole speed and ease thing with Evernote is it's main attraction. I'll wait til it gets built in, surely it will happen?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
JimmyHill

JimmyHill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Both are painfully slow.

ICab Mobile looks good, so far and thanks for the suggestion. Any suggestions how to bring Bookmarks into ICab Mobile, please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ICab Mobile looks good, so far and thanks for the suggestion. Any suggestions how to bring Bookmarks into ICab Mobile, please?

A quick look shows two possibilities. There is a plug for Delicious Bookmarks, so you can use their online service. I have no idea what all you can do, since I don't have it.

Under settings there is a DropBox setup. Once DropBox is set up you can import and export bookmarks to it. If you installed DropBox on your computer and then exported bookmarks to it from your favorite browser, you should be able to import them into iCab.

I tested this using Safari on my iMac, and it worked. I did have to open iCab Mobile folder in DropBox (made when you set up DropBox in iCab), delete the old bookmarks file and rename my Safari bookmarks file to bookmarks.html.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe that poet is referring to settings in iCab Mobile. Look for Dropbox on the left towards the bottom.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Under settings there is a DropBox setup. Once DropBox is set up you can import and export bookmarks to it.

Thanks... but I can't find that Dropbox Setup - where is it? I've looked in Settings?

Tap the cog/gear icon at the top right of the app, just under the search box.

The URL box and menu must be displayed to see it. If they are not, then you should find the expand the button to get them back at the bottom right of the screen (semi transparent).

The DropBox settings are third from the last in the left column.

OP
JimmyHill

JimmyHill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap the cog/gear icon at the top right of the app, just under the search box.

The URL box and menu must be displayed to see it. If they are not, then you should find the expand the button to get them back at the bottom right of the screen (semi transparent).

The DropBox settings are third from the last in the left column.

Great. That did it. Thanks again for all the help here.

Wylienet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad and Evernote - a solution

I was having the same problems with Evernote, until I found this useful set of instructions by a guy called Chris Bray (for some reason, I'm not allowed to post the url of his website - or any other link - until I've posted more than three times in this forum! But if you Google 'Chris Bray' and Evernote, you'll find it at the top of the results)

I've also found the Pulse newsreader to have a very efficient link with Evernote on the iPad

Good luck

Most reactions