What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Dictation Feature

SunCity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3rd generation ipad, purchased new from the Apple store at the local mall in April 2012. It currently has 6.1.3 software update. I tried to use dictation for the first time today. I cannot get the microphone to appear in Notes or Pages. I went to settings to turn it on _general-keyboard. I find "international keyboards" and "split keyboards". "Dictation" does not appear below split keyboards. I have tried with wifi only, wifi + Siri, LTE only and LTE + Siri . What should I be doing?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should work with wifi or LTE.

Have you turned Siri on in settings? Settings - General - Siri.

OP
S

SunCity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried with Siri and wifi, Siri and 3g. It didn't work. I have no idea what I did differently, but about the 10th try it did work. But unless I speak very, very slowly all I get is gibberish.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It needs to get used to your voice and expressions. Just keep trying and he/she will recognise how you speak.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts