What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using calendar from Gmail with Ipad?

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an android phone. I use the calendar on my phone, which syncs with my gmail account on my PC, all the time. What are the options regarding displaying my gmail calendar on my ipad? Thanks

Macguy76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can display one, or all of your Gmail calendars on the iPad. You should set up your Gmail account as an Exchange server instead of the normal Gmail that displays when you set up your iPad.

This way your Calendar, Contacts and you Mail will Sync over the air without you having to plug your iPad into iTunes to sync.

Sharkbait

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep,
I have 4 gmail calendars (wife, mine, 2 x kids) syncing with our Ipad 2 which generally sits on its case/stand in the kitchen.
Come down in the morning and with two taps we can all see what we're doing/school lessons/kit needed/etc. for that day.
Frankly it's brilliant - I've never been so organised :)

OP
S

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep,
I have 4 gmail calendars (wife, mine, 2 x kids) syncing with our Ipad 2 which generally sits on its case/stand in the kitchen.
Come down in the morning and with two taps we can all see what we're doing/school lessons/kit needed/etc. for that day.
Frankly it's brilliant - I've never been so organised :)

This is exacly what I would like to be able to do. How do you accomplish this - 2 taps to see everything? Do you use a gmail app on the ipad? Thanks a bunch!

sjb10831

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my gmail account set up as an exchange account on my ipad2. I am so frustrated cuz my calendar is like my bible. When I make a change on my calendar on my ipad2 or on my DroidX phone I want the changes to sync with each other. That is not happening. Please help if you can.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
sjb10831 said:
I have my gmail account set up as an exchange account on my ipad2. I am so frustrated cuz my calendar is like my bible. When I make a change on my calendar on my ipad2 or on my DroidX phone I want the changes to sync with each other. That is not happening. Please help if you can.

Should be working, a few things to check: have you set the default calendar to use on your iPad as your exchange account, the default is iPads own calendar. Have you got a Internet connection when making the changes, changes won't be reflected until you do.

sjb10831

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. I changed the default calendar to the ipad calendar. Nothing changed. I am using wifi at home. Should I have to be using the 3G instead to get changes to happen? There are three voices for the default calendar. On my iPad, exchange or gmail. I have on my iPad selected right now. It's still not pulling my calendar from my phone to my iPad .

Last edited:

Sharkbait

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I'm not using the gMail app, just the built in calendar on all the devices.
Have a look at this.......... it's what I used. There's a couple of hoops to jump through but once done it's great. We can now add/edit any of the 4 calendars from my work pc, my hackintoch netbook, either of the iPhones, the iPad or my daughters android phone. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts