1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Using calendar from Gmail with Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Smudge, May 16, 2011.

1. Smudge

Smudge iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an android phone. I use the calendar on my phone, which syncs with my gmail account on my PC, all the time. What are the options regarding displaying my gmail calendar on my ipad? Thanks
  2. Macguy76

Macguy76 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can display one, or all of your Gmail calendars on the iPad. You should set up your Gmail account as an Exchange server instead of the normal Gmail that displays when you set up your iPad.

This way your Calendar, Contacts and you Mail will Sync over the air without you having to plug your iPad into iTunes to sync.
  3. Sharkbait

Sharkbait iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep,
    I have 4 gmail calendars (wife, mine, 2 x kids) syncing with our Ipad 2 which generally sits on its case/stand in the kitchen.
    Come down in the morning and with two taps we can all see what we're doing/school lessons/kit needed/etc. for that day.
    Frankly it's brilliant - I've never been so organised :)
  4. Smudge

Smudge iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

This is exacly what I would like to be able to do. How do you accomplish this - 2 taps to see everything? Do you use a gmail app on the ipad? Thanks a bunch!
  5. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    I assume he's using the inbuilt mail client setup as described by macguy76 in post 2
  6. sjb10831

sjb10831 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have my gmail account set up as an exchange account on my ipad2. I am so frustrated cuz my calendar is like my bible. When I make a change on my calendar on my ipad2 or on my DroidX phone I want the changes to sync with each other. That is not happening. Please help if you can.
  7. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Should be working, a few things to check: have you set the default calendar to use on your iPad as your exchange account, the default is iPads own calendar. Have you got a Internet connection when making the changes, changes won't be reflected until you do.
  8. sjb10831

sjb10831 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok. I changed the default calendar to the ipad calendar. Nothing changed. I am using wifi at home. Should I have to be using the 3G instead to get changes to happen? There are three voices for the default calendar. On my iPad, exchange or gmail. I have on my iPad selected right now. It's still not pulling my calendar from my phone to my iPad .
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  9. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    You want to set it to use your exchange calendar. It doesn't matter about wifi or 3G, as long as you have an Internet connection.

Have you set the exchange account up correctly? http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/
  10. Sharkbait

Sharkbait iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No I'm not using the gMail app, just the built in calendar on all the devices.
    Have a look at this.......... it's what I used. There's a couple of hoops to jump through but once done it's great. We can now add/edit any of the 4 calendars from my work pc, my hackintoch netbook, either of the iPhones, the iPad or my daughters android phone. :)
    Last edited: May 17, 2011