Using an iPad to control a Smartboard

Discussion in 'iPad at School' started by bonnjer, Jan 8, 2013.

1. bonnjer

bonnjer iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone used their iPad to control the computer connected to their Smartboard in order to move freely around the room? If so, what program are you using? I'm looking at LogMeIn and Teamviewer, but would like some firsthand experiences. I may try LogMeIn first to see how it goes. I've also had Splashtop recommended, although that one is not a free app.

2. anndecrist

anndecrist iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Connecting remotely to a PC

I use Reflector (just add dot com to get to the website) This is a program that runs on your PC and "listens" for airplay. I walk around the room all the time and when I want to project, I go to the airplay section on the dock and connect remotely. Make sure that mirroring is enabled (there is a toggle) and voila ... you are on the projector. As a bonus, since this is just a "window" on the pc, you still have access to all your PC programs (including whiteboard notebooks) and can bounce back and forth to them. Writing to the IPAD app however is done on the IPad, not the PC.

AirServer is another alternative to Reflector ... I use both and don't see much difference.

3. Tiike

Tiike iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If someone has good advice for drawing to smartboard remotely too,I'd be interested!

4. chowdown

chowdown iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    And I'd like info on a related topic. I currently use an iPad and an older data projector. They're wired together. Is there any way of establishing a wireless connection? Some Apple device interposed? Does a wireless network have to be involved? Has anyone done this successfully?