What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using a friends ipad

TexasSassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I use a friends iPad and log in to my game aps and then play them? How do I do this? I don't want to mess up his stuff.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I use a friends iPad and log in to my game aps and then play them? How do I do this? I don't want to mess up his stuff.

Chances are, if those apps are server-based, such as Words With Friends, then you'll be okay if you log out of the app and log in with your info.

However, if those games are solely on the iPad, then no, you will start playing the game right where your friend left off. You can look, however, because some do let you log in as a new user (and this play from the beginning).

The key is that, if they are not server-based games, you can't log in with your information/login and play as if you were on your own set-up. The games are integral to the iPad once they've been loaded; the data stays with that player.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chances are, if those apps are server-based, such as Words With Friends, then you'll be okay if you log out of the app and log in with your info.

However, if those games are solely on the iPad, then no, you will start playing the game right where your friend left off. You can look, however, because some do let you log in as a new user (and this play from the beginning).

The key is that, if they are not server-based games, you can't log in with your information/login and play as if you were on your own set-up. The games are integral to the iPad once they've been loaded; the data stays with that player.

Marilyn

Wouldn't you be able to keep tabs on separate game datas if you use GameCenter in some cases?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wouldn't you be able to keep tabs on separate game datas if you use GameCenter in some cases?
What type of game are you referring to? If it's something like Angry Birds or PvZ where it's a game run directly from the iPad, you win be able to. Something like Words with Friends, it will work (with Zynga account) as Marilyn said.

OP
TexasSassy

TexasSassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What type of game are you referring to? If it's something like Angry Birds or PvZ where it's a game run directly from the iPad, you win be able to. Something like Words with Friends, it will work (with Zynga account) as Marilyn said.

I want to be able to update and play Smurfs Village, Tap Fish2 and Dream Zoo

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want to be able to update and play Smurfs Village, Tap Fish2 and Dream Zoo
It appears that Tap Fish 2 and Dream Zoo don't support or use Game Center, so it wouldn't work with them. However, you should be able to with Smurfs Village, as your Game Center is used to back up your village according to the developer.

Most reactions