Userland Exploits Found for iOS5

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by tuffigirl, Sep 17, 2011.

1. tuffigirl

tuffigirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    tuffigirl: This is great news (for all of us, not just iPad2 owners)! Thanks for sharing.

I've moved the news to it's own thread, as I'm sure many will be along to comment about their happiness and the agony of waiting.

So, I'll start off with a caution. Please do NOT turn this thread into an off-topic discussion about everything under the sun. It is to discuss the announcement only.

Always remember, there is a time factor here. The Dev Team has to (1) wait for iOS5 to be released, (2) wait for the iPhone5 to be released and (3) see if the exploits they found work as they think ... once they get their hands on the project.

IOW - this is great news, again. BUT. It still will take time to see it.

Patience folks ... that's all I ask.

Marilyn

3. TheRambler

TheRambler
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Excellent news but as has been said, let's not get too excited, still a bit of time to go before it actually happens. And if it's anything like last time we will end up with a thread of 300,000 posts asking for 'has it happened yet?!?' ........and we can all do without that LOL

4. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Exactly. I'm thinking about 6 months.

5. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    That's the last thing that I recall the judge saying to me!

I'm thinking that this is out in the public domain and iOS 5 is still in beta.....so presumably Apple now knows and will patch these for the main release.......I'm no expert, so I'm just asking?

The Archangel

6. TheRambler

TheRambler
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    That's exactly what I thought, or was it put out so as some people would update in the hope of an upcoming JB!!

7. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    It is just great news for me. Jb iPad 2 = jb iPhone 5.

8. tuffigirl

tuffigirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

I didn't know it had been moved until now... I thought it had gotten deleted and was going to write you to ask why. LOL It finally dawned on me... I didn't get much sleep last night. :)

According to other articles I've read it won't be nearly as long as 6 months for the JB and it could be within a week... although I know I won't be holding my breath. The one this that does bother me most is the fact that it was announced at all !! Why wouldn't they keep it quiet so as not to alert Apple and give them a chance to patch the exploits? I dread the thought of it ending the same way as jailbreakme.com did for 4.3.... shutdown the next day.

9. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

Don't hold your breath. It took almost 4 months to JB the iPad2. A week ~ you are dreaming, IMO.

Or not ~

10. tuffigirl

tuffigirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I think you missed the part where I said I wasn't holding my breath. ;) Although I do like to dream.... :) It sure is better than the thought of selling it after waiting so long to get one to begin with!