What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User settings

Tkuusiol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to change my username in my ipad settings contacts. Problem is that my ex-girlfriend accessed as a first time user in my ipad. That's why there is her name in the contacts and Facebook account is her account in the settings. Apple Id and the email account is in my name. I have tried to wipe out all the settings, but it didn't work.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Contacts - My Info. Tap it. A list with your contacts will appear. Scroll to your name and select it. This should change her name to yours.

In Settings - Facebook delete her account and remove the information from your iPad. (This choice will be given with the next popup.)
Then you'll be able to sign in with your Facebook account.

Hope that helps.

OP
T

Tkuusiol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replie, but unfortunately it didn't work. My name is not in My info list. There are just few names apparently taken randomly from my email.

I have also tried to delete her Facebook account in the settings, but when i tap the delete account icon and select remote in the next popup nothing happens. The account is still there.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your email account set up on the iPad in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars?

And another question: how did you try to wipe all the settings?
Here's how it should be done:
In Settings - General - Reset, go to Reset all Settings. This will set it back to default, and you'll have to go through the Settings app and select everything the way you want it.

To start with a "new" iPad, go to Settings - iCloud and delete the account there. Then go to Settings - General - Reset and Erase all Content and Settings. This will wipe every information from the iPad, and you can set it up as your own device, without the information from your ex-girlfriend.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tkuusiol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there is my email account and iCloud account is also in my name.

I reset all the settings just the way you descriped there and it did reset all the other settings, but the accounts are as they were before the reset.

There is so much content in my ipad that erasing all the content is not an option. I have backuped most of the content in iCloud, but if erase my iCloud account it will erase my backups also.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The backups will still be in iCloud, and when you set up the iPad again, you'd be able to restore from one of your backups from that account. Which would also restore your settings, so this is not an option in your case.

If your information is not visible, go to Contacts (the app), tap Groups at the top left and make sure your accounts are check marked there.

Two more things we'd need to know:
Which iPad are you using and which software is it running? There might be a problem with removing Facebook information when it's on iOS 7x. This problem shouldn't appear with iOS 8x.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tkuusiol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problems solved!! I added my name to Contacts and upgraded software to iOS 8x. So i was able to change contact name and Facebook account.

Thanks a lot from your help!!

Most reactions