1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

User Manuals in iBooks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Essspe, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Essspe

Essspe iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi - I'm a new member with a quick (and probably standard) newbie question: I have managed to download into the iBooks app the PDF files of user manuals for my iPhone and iPad. However, when I try to do the same for my MacBook the App won't even recognise the file. The PDF file exists; I have found it and saved it but I can't get it onto the iPad. I would really appreciate any help readers can offer. Thanks, Essspe
  2. Essspe

Essspe iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oh, and I can view it on the iPad but I can't save it or download it to the iPad. Essspe
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    The user manuals are available from the ibooks store as ibooks, that may be easier to deal with.
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,985 / 1
    As DefBref said, the iPad User Guide for iOS 6 is in the iBook Store, and free. This is generally a better reading experience (on the iPad) than a PDF.

However; since the PDF thing may come up again.

After the PDF finishes downloading and displays in Safari (that's what I assume you did) there should be some icons at the top right. If not, tap in the center of the screen and they will appear. Depending on your iOS verions you'll see a box/arrow icon or Open In. Tap this for options to save/share the PDF file. If you have iBooks installed it should be one of the options. Most other PDF reading/editing/annotating apps should also show up.