What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User Manual

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Clutching at straws here, but you could try signing out of your Apple ID and back on again, just in case it’s got screwed up somewhere!
Failing that have you tried an iPad reset?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also possible, but not likely, your router is blocking the iBook store. If you have another iOS device, check to see if you can access the store. Restarting your router isn’t a bad idea either.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also possible, but not likely, your router is blocking the iBook store. If you have another iOS device, check to see if you can access the store. Restarting your router isn’t a bad idea either.

It works on my wife's Mini 4, which is still running iOS 11. I made the apparent mistake of updating to 12.0.1.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It works on my wife's Mini 4, which is still running iOS 11. I made the apparent mistake of updating to 12.0.1.

Just plane weird.

There is a minor update, iOS 12.0.1 available. You might give it a try and see if it kicks things back into alignment.

Other than that, I agree Aerofly, you should contact the App Store support. Unlike Apple’s device support, it’s free. Apple is very helpful when it comes to problems that prevent you from spending money. :)

Here’s Apple’s support page for not being able to connect to the iBooks Store. Might be worth running through it. One interesting thing mentioned is making sure the iPad’s date and time are set correctly for your time zone.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books

At the end of the page there is a contact link.

Good luck.

Most reactions