What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User access control? (turn off GPS; RO access)

TTThunder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My friend who is a medical doctor wants to know whether these are possible and how?

1. Disable the ipad user from turning of the device that reports location of the ipad (GPS?) so he can know where it is all the time.

If this is not possible with ipad native feature, which program will be needed to do this?

2. Let the ipad user access some folders with read only (cannot change/delete/add files).

If this is not possible with ipad native feature, which program will be needed to do this?

Thank you very much for any advices.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My friend who is a medical doctor wants to know whether these are possible and how?

1. Disable the ipad user from turning of the device that reports location of the ipad (GPS?) so he can know where it is all the time.

By going to the Location Services setting on your iPad and either turning off the global Location Services setting or turning off the individual location settings of each location-aware application on your iPad.
It is defined under General -> Location Services

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The UK Apple site has step-by-step instructions on how to do this - you need an Apple MobileMe account - as well as information on how to prevent someone who takes your iPad disabling the position reporting. However, they could switch the iPad off or completely restore the device, but then any user-data would be erased.

Apple (United Kingdom) - iPad - Find My iPad Set-up

The 'Find My iPad' service from MobileMe also allows you to remotely erase any files from your iPad if it's lost or stolen.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts