What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usenet/newgroups

thescarths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to download things from newsgroup websites, which need software to download the content anyway? I.e .nzb files....

Thanks olly

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it possible to download things from newsgroup websites, which need software to download the content anyway? I.e .nzb files....

Thanks olly

Have no idea what are nzb files, but I use a Newstap NNTP reader. Didn't see anything nzb related in this app.

OP
T

thescarths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nzb is a file format for downloads of usenet files

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wow, I haven't played on the newsgroups for ages.

The only think I could find in the App Store was SABmobile HD. Looks like an iPad front end for some sort of newsgroup software that has to be running on a desktop; but it does mention nzb downloads.

There are similar controller apps for the iPhone that would probably work on the iPad. Just search for 'usenet nzb'.

I doubt that was helpful. Sorry.

OP
T

thescarths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Wow, I haven't played on the newsgroups for ages.

The only think I could find in the App Store was SABmobile HD. Looks like an iPad front end for some sort of newsgroup software that has to be running on a desktop; but it does mention nzb downloads.

There are similar controller apps for the iPhone that would probably work on the iPad. Just search for 'usenet nzb'.

I doubt that was helpful. Sorry.

Ta v much

Most reactions

Latest posts