What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Useless 3g wifi ipad

donard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple should have there own telephone company to connect all there apple devices. Instead of using the other 3g network.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would they want to do that, when there are perfectly good cellular service providers out there. I can't see what they would gain by it? OK - in some countries - for example the UK - there are apparently third-party providers (in the UK such as the supermarket retailer, Tesco) who 'seem' to have their own cellular network but, in fact, they are simply using another service provider's network and rebranding it as their own - using the 'pull' of their household name to migrate customers to that network. They don't actually own or operate the underlying network.

Tim

OP
D

donard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first, I thought iPad works more than a phone but when i start using it i think it don't. How can you send a message to phone that not connected to the internet, When you are roaming and no wifi is available, And your network service has no data available for roaming. It really don't work as phone. I think apple want that there idevices can send message to each other even iPod by using wifi connection. But why they add 3g in iPad. It more than the iPod but less on the iPhone?

OP
D

donard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my phone beside my iPad and my phone work as 3g wifi hotspot. I connect my iPad on my phone wifi hotspot. I also read many critics about why iPad don't work like a phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts