What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used ipad

Evilconservative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a used ipad from a friend who upgraded, if i change apple ID to me will i lose all apps and books and such that are on the device. I kind of thought i bought it all when i got it but am afraid i'll lose all when i make my own ID...

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will not loose the apps or books. However, You must be signed into the account that purchased app in order to receive any updates.

That's the reason that you should have you own apps and books.

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when you plug in your device, open it up in itunes, then click file. near the bottom should be a button saying "transfer purchases from -blank- " this should help, but like iFrog said, you may not be able to update you apps

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotta lose it unless the person you got it from will let's you use their account. Prob not likely unless it a close friend or relative.

Most reactions