What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used iPad - changing Apple ID

ashishj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an iPad2 from my sister who was using the same earlier. I now wish to change it to my Apple ID...will doing this delete all the apps/games that she has purchased using her Apple ID? Is there a way that I can change the Apple ID associated with this ipad and still retain all the apps?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Changing the Apple ID will not remove the apps from your "new" iPad. But, when you sync that iPad to YOUR iTunes, then yes, they will be removed (because they won't be IN your iTunes account - they'll be under your sister's ID). In addition, if you leave her apps on your iPad, you will not be able to get the updates for those apps, as I assume you will leave your Apple ID on the iPad for easier AppStore login purposes.

Marilyn

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Registering a new Apple ID on the iPad will remove all the previous user's apps when you synch it to you iTunes account

Sent from my iPad using IPF

Last edited:

Most reactions